Flexo and Rotary Diecutters Schedule 2017
Schedule of Events
Are you looking to identify and address downtime issues? Do you need to develop a better understanding of machine calibration and how to maintain proper board caliper during the converting process? If you answered yes to either of these questions then this is the workshop for you.
• Identify easy methods to Zero the Gear Train in the Press
• Learn how to calibrate the register compensators to the gear train
• Explain effective and proven "One Box" Set Up techniques using items #1 & #2.
• Discuss and demonstrate in a workshop environment proper Centerlining Techniques (Proper Nip Settings for effective caliper control)
• Learn details regarding proper Ink Management, Consistent Color and proper Wash up procedures.
• Develop a Proper Anilox Roll Care and Maintenance Schedule
• Outline a proven Five S Program - Sort, Set in order, Shine, Standardize, and Sustain
• Identify tools for effective waste reduction
• Simulate the presentation of technical and commercial contracts to printing plate and cutting die suppliers
Meet the Instructor
Industry veteran and founder of On Target Consultants, Dick Target has trained box plant crews in 33 countries, developed effective printing technology and continues to assist companies helping them meet manufacturing demands through effective manufacturing techniques, machine utilization, and management training.
As an active member of TAPPI, Target has a strong relationship with the association and has presented a number of TAPPI courses and is a member of the TAPPI Consulting Council. Dick earned a degree in Manufacturing Engineering from Philadelphia University and completed a tour with the Marine Corps before beginning his nearly 40 successful years with the paper industry.
This is a two day workshop and the material on Monday will not be a repeat of the class on Sunday.
Registration for this Workshop is $500 prior to September 15th and $600 after September 15th. Separate registration is required for the CorrExpo conference but there are reduced rates if you choose a combination of the workshop and the conference. Entrance to the show floor is included with your workshop registration.
The Education Project Center of TAPPI has been reviewed and approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1620 I Street, NW, Suite 615, Washington, DC 20006. TAPPI will award 1.5 CEUs to participants who attend at least 80% of the educational sessions and complete a final program evaluation.